Hardy County Public Service District

header photo

Board Members & Staff

Current Board Members:

Chairman - Robert W. Harper                                                        Vice-Chairman - Rose Helmick 

Board Member - Justin Basye                                                        Secretary - Connie Sherman

Staff Persons:

General Manager - Logan Moyers  Email -

Administrative Assistant - Connie Sherman  Email -

Utility Billing Clerk - Gail Pavan  Email -

Utility Clerk - Sabrina Paugh  Email -

Chief Operator - Kevin Markwood  Email -

Water Operator - Jesse Mongold  Email -

Water Operator - Ethan Brent  Email -

Water Operator - L. Logan Riggleman Email -

Current Year Board Meeting Dates & Approved Minutes

Frequently Asked Questions

Q - How do I apply for water service?

A - You must complete an application and pay the required $100 security deposit prior to receiving water/sewer service.

Q - When will my security deposited be refunded to me?

A - Your security deposit will be refunded to you if you own the property where you are receiving water/sewer service after twelve consecutive on-time monthly payments or if you rent your deposit will be refunded when you move from the property or cancel water/sewer service.

Q - How much will my monthly water/sewer bill cost?

A - The monthly water/sewer bill is based on each customer's individual water usage.  Currently, you will pay at least a minimum of $45.00 for water and $39.30 for sewer which is based on usage of 3,000 gallons of water.  Customers who use in excess of 3,000 gallons of water will be billed accordingly for the amount of water used.  Sewer rates are calculated from water usage.  Sewer customers who do not have public water service will pay a minimum bill of $52.40 for sewer service.  All HCPSD water/sewer rates are determined, set and regulated by the Public Service Commission of West Virginia.

Q - How can I pay my water/sewer bill?

A - Bills can be paid at the District's office by cash, check, money order and most debit/credit cards.  Bills can be paid online via this website through Nexbillpay.  You also have the option of having your bill automatically deducted from a checking or savings account by completing and returning an ACH Form which is available on this website.  Bills may be mailed to PO Box 900, Moorefield, WV 26836 or paid at any Capon Valley Bank branch office located in Hardy County, WV if you have your bill.  The District also has a secure after hours drop box located along the entrance road to the District's office.

Q - What is the cost of a new water tap?

A - A new standard residential tap fee is $350 in addition to the $100 security deposit.  This fee covers part of the cost of meter installation materials.  It may take 4-6 weeks before your water meter will be installed due to the permitting process.  Any customer needing a larger meter or tap for a business or industry will be charged additional fees to cover the higher cost of meter installation and necessary materials.

Q - When will I receive my water/sewer bill?

A - Bills are mailed by the 10th of every month and are due upon receipt.  Any bill not paid by the last day of the month is considered past due and a 10% penalty is assessed.